Happy New Month beautiful people. I'm sorry I couldn't come up with a better topic. Oh boy, time really waits for no man. We're already in the second half of the year. There's just this aura about July. I think it has to do with the fact that it's the 7th month and that makes it a perfect one. It's the 4th day, it's been good and definitely going to get better.
Lately, I've been feeling uninspired. I just keep on checking my blog as though I expect a miraculous post to pop up. I've not been writing and digging up a blog post from my draft didn't tickle my fancy. I just started blogging a few months back and it's not legal to be feeling this way but here am I. You can read my first blog post HERE. Writing this is just therapeutic for me as I've been having too many conversations in my head.
Anyway, I'm going to be sharing lessons I've learnt and relearnt over the past few weeks and also what I've been up to.
- I've been reading Joyce Meyer's The Confident Woman. I've been on this book for ages. That's an exaggeration but you get the drift. It's an amazing book really and I can't wait to share all I learnt in it. Has anyone read any of her books?
- I've learnt that with blogging, Consistency is king and Content is Queen. I saw this on someone's blog;I can't remember whose but that line has been ringing bells in my head.
- I've come to realize that life is meant to be enjoyed in the present. Eat that chocolate;don't save it for tomorrow, go see that movie, go out with that friend, do what you're passionate about because you really only live once and you shouldn't spend that one life living in regret of what could have been.
- I finally put together a skin care routine. I've been struggling with this one a lot. Been very lazy about it actually. I'm coming through now. Thanks to this POST by Cassie and the ever reliable Google, I'm coming through. These black spots gotta go! I've come to learn two things however from the whole skincare thingy - Patience is key and so is Consistency. These spots didn't appear in a day. They definitely can't go in a day.
Photo Credit: StyleCaster| Pinterest
- I've been seeing more movies. Before, I used to be all about novels but then the tides are ever changing. Has anyone seen Central Intelligence? I had a good laugh.
- In some way, I'm beginning to get interested in stuff other than school work. What are they called again? Extracurricular activities? Yes, those. I've never been one to partake in such but again the tides are changing and like I stated earlier, you only live once.
- "Success won't just come to you. It has to be met at least halfway" - Frank Tyger
- "If you listen to your fears, you will die never knowing what a great person you might have been" - Robert Schuller.
- I learnt that you can use bicarbonate of soda (used for baking) if you can't seem to place your fingers on potash when preparing jute leaves. I knew this since actually but I never got to try it partly because of fear/doubt and because there's always potash. I mustered all the courage I could, tried it and of course, it worked. In case you're still wondering, I'm talking about Ewedu. Hahaha.
- Anything worth doing at all is worth doing well. It's better not to attempt at all than to attempt and put in minimal effort.
- I'm learning to constantly listen because I've come to realize that opportunity sometimes knocks very softly.
- Life is this beautiful thing God gave us to make a difference with.
All the best in July. Have a pleasant week. Lots of love. xxx.
What life lessons have you learnt recently? Please share with me.
No Day Is Normal
Before you rub that itchy eye
Tracy Whitney: If Tomorrow comes