When I wrote this post for Kamdora.com HERE, I didn't think I'd be publishing it on my blog so soon because well as I said in this POST, I finally developed skincare routine. Life happened, I got lazy and I suddenly woke up to massive break out one fateful day. It wasn't exactly that time of the month thingy.
This selfie does no justice, actually but you can still see the 'bumps' without zooming.It's just my punishment for being frugal with my face cleanser because it became more expensive and many other skincare routine mistakes I've been making. So, if you've been cleansing, exfoliating and all and still breaking out, this post is for you (us). Let's dig in
1. You carry out your routine without washing your hands first. This is a No, No. From touching your cellphone to your doorknob and all those fomites, your hand carries numerous bacteria so just make sure you wash your hands first before washing your face.
2. Your hand is always all over your face - Or maybe your friend's. You know that 'Oh my God, you look so good, let me touch your cheeks' friend. Yes, all those germs on your face makes everything worse.
3. You overexfoliate/overcleanse - Ah yes, I used to be guilty of this one until I saw the light. Scrubbing harder and harder thinking those spots would go faster not knowing I'm only drying out my skin. And then after the furious scrubbing, the skin has to compensate by secreting more oil. Oil you were trying to reduce in the first instance. Go mild with your cleansing and exfoliating.
4. You sleep with makeup on - This is where I went wrong. I don't wash my face because I felt since I didn't even rub powder, why bother? Really, no matter how mild the makeup you're wearing is, you should never go to bed without getting rid of all the dust and dirt that have accumulated on your face during the day.
5. You use sponge on your face - Sponge is a No No too. Most sponges are too hard for your face especially the very sensitive skin under your eye. Dump your body sponge and go for your clean hands instead.
6. You purchase your beauty products on impulse - Strut confidently to the beauty department of that store, bring out your phone and check out the major ingredients. Don't buy a cleanser or an exfoilant containing Salicylic Acid just because you like the sound of it. Don't buy a toner containing alcohol. It would dry out your face. Better still, walk into the store knowing what and what you're looking for in a product. Don't pick randomly. Don't!
7. You use expired makeup products - Expired products are as bad for your skin as they are for your digestive system. Get them in the garbage can!
8. After washing, you clean with a dirty towel - Baby girl, Nooo. Don't put all that dirt back onto your face. Get a towel specifically for your face and make sure to wash it frequently.
9. You neglect the adequate diet part - The role of fruits and vegetables cannot be overemphasised. They contain antioxidants that help to counteract the action of free radicals in the body. You really are what you eat. Eat less of fatty foods. Spinach, Oranges, Lemon, Pineapple, Cucumber and many others aid the glowing of your skin.
10. You don't drink enough water - I know, I know. You probably didn't expect this but what can we do without good old water? Nothing, absolutely nothing so drink up girl, drink up!
My sub is majorly No 4 and I'm really trying to reduce No 2. Which of these are you guilty of? What's your skincare routine like? Mine is Cleanse, Exfoliate and Moisturize. Do you break out? What's the major cause of your break out? What other acts do you think cause breaking out generally? Let's discuss!