Hey guys, I've not posted in a while. Isn't it nice how that screams consistency? Lol jokes. I promise to do better.
My mantra has always been 'I'm looking forward to my wedding day and not exactly to marriage' but who am I deceiving? Lol.
I think every girl has their wedding fantasy kept somewhere close for easy editing and all so I thought to share some of the reasons I'm looking forward to getting wedded.
• Pre-wedding shoot : Some years back, this wouldn't have been on the list but with all these beautiful and also hilarious pictures that have been surfacing online, I'm patiently looking forward to mine. You see why I said our wedding fantasies are kept close for easy editing?
• Bridal Shower : I know this isn't on most people's list and it's written in pencil on mine too but I think bridal showers are fun so I wouldn't mind having one.
• Throwing of Bouquet : I've not been to a wedding ceremony in ages but do they still do it? I hope so because I want to throw my bouquet and see the struggle to catch it. Hahaha
• Dress, Makeup : I'm not big on makeup but did you guys see the picture of that Nigerian bride who went all natural on her wedding day? I think she's the MVP. I'm not being vain but I intend to look a billion dollar and more on my wedding day. Peng, On fleek and everything. I'm still trying to create my wedding dress in my head. I think wearing a colour other than white is cool but you know Nigerians and the way we raise eyebrows and jump into conclusions so white it is for me.
• The dance floor : Ah, I intend to scatter the dance floor. Is it possible to get shy when it's time to dance on your wedding day? If it is then I come against such spirits and forces. I'm not particularly a good dancer but I plan to dig it that day.
• Writing toasts : All those cute toasts the couple write to each other? I'm eager to see what I would come up with. Hopefully something cute, creative and original. Do people really ask others to write theirs for them?
Are we together on all this? What are you looking forward to? What did you look forward to?
Just for laughs, I'm definitely not looking forward to the following
• The anxiety : I've heard stories of how brides are unable to sleep on their wedding eve. All the fuss and worry about if the wedding dress still fits and if the caterer wouldn't sly and all. I think this is pretty normal but I'm not looking forward to it.
• Sudden trust issues : You know the 'That time I offended bae, what if he hasn't really forgiven me and plans to pay back by not showing up', 'Does he really love me?', 'What if nobody shows up?' 'What if the rings get misplaced?'. The endless what ifs. Sigh
• The part where the minister uses the 'If you're against this union' line. I heard some churches don't do this anymore and while I think it's necessary, I don't like the goosebumps that'd come with it.
That sums it up for me guys! (I know wedding is for a day and marriage is forever)
What and what are you looking forward to?
What and what aren't you looking forward to? Share with me please.
If you've said the big yes,what did you look forward to and what didn't you look forward to? Let's discuss!
Please follow me on Bloglovin HERE ,on Twitter HERE. Remember, sharing is caring so don't forget to share this post.